This was our first wiring diagram. Originally, we planned on using two dimmer switches, one for the motor and one for the bilge pump in the rear.

This was our first main drawing. Later, we got rid of the rudder/steering device with weight and moved the bilge pump to the bottom, acting as a weight as well. We figured that we could use the counterrotating nature of helicopters to steer. We also got rid of the hinges to open it, as we saw that it was unnecessary work.

This was the wiring diagram for the robot we tested at Long Beach pool. We moved the bilge pump to the bottom of the craft, and used regular switches instead of dimmer switches. We could not find any dimmers.

This was the wiring diagram we came up with after our experiment failed at Long Beach. Since the propellors did not work, we shifted our design from a chinook-style to a harrier-style, with bilge pumps pointed down at an angle on the side and one on bottom pushing it forward.

This is the alternate “harrier” design that we considered. This involves using piping to redirect the stream of the bilge pumps.

This is the design we are using as our final harrier design. We ended up using tubing to redirect the stream from the bilge pumps.